Sero worked with Sheffield City Council on the ‘Better Learners Better Workers’ Digital Technology Programme, providing young people in Year 10 (Ambassadors) a chance to find out about the exciting opportunities in the region’s thriving digital technology sector.
Ambassadors were given a rich and diverse range of experiences including:
- Hearing from digital businesses about their latest developments
- Undertaking challenges set by industry professionals
- Visiting Sheffield’s digital business centres to meet companies there
- Visiting Sheffield Teaching Hospitals to find out how technology is making a difference to the way the NHS works
- Visiting Barclays Bank to learn about cyber security and the way that technology is affecting banking
- Participating in Sheffield Digifest, a one-day festival of digital activity with taster activities and a “World of Work” marketplace.
We also work with Year 11 pupils completing a Digital Skills Passport to demonstrate their employable skills for the Digital Technology sector.