A team from Sero working with associates has led the design and development of the Essential Digital Skills workforce development programme for the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), the body funded by the Department for Education to develop the Further Education (FE) and Training Sector workforce.
The Essential Digital Skills CPD programme is designed to prepare teachers and trainers across the sector to deliver the new digital entitlement which comes into force from August 2020, enabling all adults aged 19+ with no or low digital skills to receive free training through the Adult Education Budget.
Our work involved creating a blended learning programme with five key elements:
- An interactive self-assessment tool to identify training needs, linked to training modules to respond to the differentiated spiky skills gap profiles of practitioners
- Online resources, including a series of 20 short online learning modules with teaching exemplars and advice on teaching contexts, as well as digital badges to recognise achievement
- Face-to-face training and online webinars to build confidence and share practice related to different teaching contexts
- Online communities of practice for different FE pathways to offer tailored peer-to-peer support
- Multimedia CPD toolkit to guide you through the programme
Our team included digital learning specialists DESQ, who built the online resources, platform providers SkillsLogic, who built the self-assessment tool, and Angela Sanders, who co-ordinated the face-to-face training and webinars alongside Nick Jeans.
The programme is available on the ETF’s Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
Thank you for two very good workshops. The effort that has been put in has been tremendous. The resources shown have been great and the delivery was not too preachy. I am always a bit sceptical of online but this has been great.
Essential Digital Skills webinar training